Pattern testing: Velo Culottes

Tuesday, December 15, 2015


Hello guys! I'm taking this blogging thing more seriously lately and I'm quite happy about that! So Christmas is approaching really quickly and I've yet to begin my presents! The time race is real and I'm anxious to see if I'll be able to make it! 

But on a more sewing related note now. This it the new Velo Culottes pattern from Sew This Pattern. When Annie was looking for pattern testers, I immediately volunteered! Her drafting skills are exceptional, and after all the fun I had with her Pin Pegs skirt, I knew this one would be no different!

The pattern is ideal for advanced beginners/intermediate sewers. There is a zipper to insert, a waistband and a pocket. There are two version included - Version A (knee length trousers) and Version B (shorts)


Since here in Greece the temperatures are dropping every day and winter is knocking at our front door, I decided to make a more winter-friendly version. Although, I have to warn you, that using a heavy fabric like mine, is not recommended in the pattern, mainly due to the pleat effect. But it worked for me! I went for the Version B(shorts) in size 12, without any modifications, other than shortening the hem by 1cm more, to work for my height, and used a heavy cotton fabric I had in my stash. The pattern was a delight to sew, with very clear instructions, that everyone could follow! 

The style is something I've never tried before and I can say, that I like it a lot! It reminds me of the French chic street fashion! 

I love the versatility of this pattern! Choose a lightweight silk for the perfect summer shorts or a light weight wool for a more autumn/winter look! Make it in a bold color or a print for a different effect! Style it with flats, heels or boots! The possibilities are endless!


*Disclaimer: I received this pattern from Annie for free to test, but all opinions are my own. I sent feedback on the draft to Annie. I was not paid to test this pattern, and was given a free copy of the final pattern as compensation.*

You Might Also Like

0 comments